Another company that has overhauled its performance reviews is mmhmm, a startup that provides video presentation tools for virtual meetings. During the pandemic, when the company got rid of its offices and went fully remote, it not only changed its compensation system, as I reported in August, it also overhauled its approach to evaluating employees. “Before, we were kind of flippant about it,” CEO Phil Libin told me. “We were relying too much on what we thought we knew about the in-person stuff. Whereas now, we can’t. So we really do have to be more about: OK, what are the objectives? That made it more actionable.” Business Insider
- Teal unwraps $8.8M to build out a telehealth platform for women — starting with cervical cancer screening
- Idoru Brings Realism And A New Level Of Self Expression In The Digital World
- Notch Raises $10M to Help Restaurants Go Digital
- He Built Evernote To 200 Million Users And Now Raised $140 Million To Make Virtual Meetings Better
- ShearShare’s founders climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Here’s what they learned.